Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Jahan Malek Khatun - Tonight

 

 Come here a moment, sit with me, don't sleep tonight,
Consider well my heart’s unhappy plight, tonight;
And let your face’s presence lighten me, and give
The loveliness of moonlight to the night, tonight.
Be kind now to this stranger, and don’t imitate
life as it leaves me in its headlong flight, tonight.
Be sweet to me now as your eyes are sweet; don’t twist
away now like your curls, to left and right, tonight;
Don’t sweep me from you like the dust before your door;
Dowse all the flames of longing you ignite, tonight.
Why do you treat me with such cruelty now, my friend,
so that my tears obliterate my sight, tonight?
If, for a moment, I could see you in my dreams,
I’d know the sum of all this world’s delight, tonight.

 


 Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment