Sunday, January 17, 2021

Rumi ♡ Be silent!

 

 

 Last night I became mad. Love saw me and said:

I am here. Don’t shout, don’t wail.  Just be silent!

Don’t talk about the mundane, talk of nothing but beauty.
I am the servant of this magnificence.  Just be silent!

I said: O Love, what I fear is something else.
Love said:  There’s nothing else. Just be silent!
I will whisper great secrets in your ear. Just nod yes.  And be silent.

I said: Love!  Is this face angel or human
Love Said:  Neither angel nor human. It is other.  Just be silent.

I said: I will lose my mind if you don’t tell me.
Love said: Then lose your mind, and stay that way. Just be silent.

You who sit in this house filled with images and illusions,
Get up, walk out the door. Go, and be silent.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment