Thursday, August 1, 2024

Monica Dayakar - A Candle In The Wind...

 


There are a lot of weird ideas about this...

Awakening... enlightenment... the shift in perception...

A natural fall out... thinking that everything will change after the shift...

That enlightenment means that they will no longer be human...

Even sages are sublimely human...

I heard someone say...

" We do not become selfless doormats..." !!

And yet... yet...

Including this one...

It is...
Till it isn't...

That's simply another idea...
Of better... bigger...
Sounds real nice...
Selfless doormats is it, too...!!
Those that are... simply are...

I know I was...

Till I wasn't...

LOL...

Tried really hard not to be...

A scurried attempt at now being this shiny, brave new thing...

It didn't work...
Oh...

Tears...

And thereby hangs another tale...

Any attempt at replacing one idea about yourself with another...
Well...
Is the belief in the mentally fabricated self...

And apart from it...

There isn't one...

Circling within the dream...
She learnt to pirouette perfectly...

What is not included in the gambit of "being human"...

Yes...

It's all the dream...

Ideas upon ideas...
All made up...

Seeking ideas of perfection... of what this should look like...

Tears...

Or not look like...

Across the board...
Humanity...
The best and worst life has to offer...

A few days ago...
Anger rose in me...
Of an intensity, that would put rage to shame...

I was shocked to the core of my being...!!
That I was even capable of it...

And whence had I abhorred it so... in another...
Lay in me too...

I just kept mumbling to my self...
"It's just unacceptable... just unacceptable..."
And kept shaking my head from side to side...

The core of my being ripped to shreds...

And I wept tears of blood... that would inundate an ocean...

I guess... no one's exempt...
Shift or no shift...

And when all was lost...
And no ground beneath the feet...
Heck and no feet...
And no brownie points for Being...

A pretender under many guises...
I AM the biggest con-act in town...

Dressed as a cop...
Trying to catch a thief...

A lot is lost in translation when we can't see each other's hearts...

And love guided her footsteps...
To places she'd never been...

To the dark corners of her heart...
Where she'd hid...

Face to face with herself...
In all shades of blue and pink...

A rainbow exploded...
And she disappeared in a wink...

And she flung her clothes to the wind...
Running naked like a mad woman...

No description fit...

And she laughed and cried...
A new born babe...

It ends where it began...
It was ever so...

And all notions of emptiness and fullness...
Cried in the dark...

As she wept and laughed...
A candle in the wind...

So love me tender...
Love me sweet...



~~Monica Dayakar
~~13/01/2016

 


 

facebook 

 

 

2 comments: