Sunday, February 12, 2023

Hāfez-e Shīrāzī - Dear Moon...

 

 

 

            The moon came to me last night
                With a sweet question.

                She said,
                “The sun has been my faithful lover
                For millions of years.
                Whenever I offer my body to him
                Brilliant light pours from his heart.
                Thousands then notice my happiness
                And delight in pointing
                toward my beauty.

                Hafiz,
                Is it true that our destiny
                Is to turn into Light
                Itself?”

                And I replied,
                "Dear moon,
                Now that your love is maturing,
                We need to sit together
                Close like this more often

                So I might instruct you
                How to become
                Who you
                Are!"

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment