Thursday, January 12, 2023

Byron Katie ~ No room for any other

 

art girl-withagun

 

We’re not doing anything; ultimately, we’re being done.
When I say, “I love you,” there’s no personality talking.
It’s self-love: I’m only talking to myself.
More accurately, it is only talking to itself.
If I say, “Let me pour you some tea,”
it is pouring its own tea for itself, and the tea is itself.
It’s so self-absorbed that it leaves no room for any other.
Not a molecule is separate from it.
That’s true love. It’s the ultimate self: the non-self.
It’s self-consuming always, and always loving it.
In the apparent world of duality, people are going to see a “you” and a “me,”
but in reality there is only one.
Everything is equal. There’s no “this” or “that.”
And even to say “one” is delusional.
It doesn’t matter how you attempt to be disconnected,
that’s not a possibility.

 



 Byron Katie, from her book, A Mind At Home With Itself

 

No comments:

Post a Comment