Saturday, April 2, 2022

Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī ~ I belong to the Soul of the Beloved

 

 

 My home has no address; my tracks leave no trace.
I am neither body nor soul--What can I say?
I belong to the Soul of the Beloved.
I have laid all "twos" aside:
this world and that world are one.
I search for One, I recognize One,
I see One clearly, and I call the name of the One.
That unnameable One, the breath of the breath,
is the first and last, the outside and the inside.
I identify no one except by "O That... O This!"
I am drunk on the cup of Love:
here-now and everywhere-all-time have vanished.
I can't handle any business except celebration.
If I spend an instant without you,
that instant makes my whole life seem worthless.
If I can win one moment with you,
I will crush both worlds under my feet
as I dance in joy forever.
My Beloved  O Shams of Tabrizi
I am living permanently intoxicated:
I have no more tales to tell
except ones about drunkness and revelry.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment