Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sattva Lynn ~ Compassion

 

 
 
I remember one day
I was suffering so much.
Though my body was very ill,
fortunately, I had come to see years prior,

that the real cause of suffering
is only ignorance:
it is only not *feeling* who we are.

I was turning attention inside to Truth,
opening my heart deeply -
when all of a sudden
a great gift was given through grace.

I felt compassion...towards myself!

I saw my own suffering so clearly,
(even though I knew simultaneously
that our true Self cannot suffer,
since it has never been changed).

And I held myself on a
compassionate feeling level,
in a way that I never had before.

So that even what was happening
on the level of the 'human',
felt softer and 'transformed'
in the presence of this Love.

Then, as a continuation of this grace,
I felt this same compassion towards
everyone and everything too.

It was a compassion beyond
emotionalism and fear.

I was able to witness human suffering,
with such deep deep care and love -
that I remember never wanting
the feeling to end.

Not in a clinging way,
but just that it was the most
beautiful, caring, pure Feeling.

Most times,
because of our own fear of suffering,
when we see others suffering too,
we project those self-same
fears and trauma -

and are not able to be
a truly loving, conscious presence.

And this was a love and compassion
that contained no fear.
It showed me true compassion
in that moment.

A true marriage between
compassion for the human
that we take our self to be -
and Love for the Being
that we really are.

It is born of consciousness and grace,
and genuinely wanting to feel
compassion for your self and all -

and in that consciousness,
we are all elevated
beyond emotionalism
to the pure feeling of Love.  

We cannot force this compassion
towards our self or others -
we can only be aware of
all the ways we are not feeling it,

(which is also great compassion
since its root is willingness and care).

And give our selves over and over
to the compassionate Heart
that we truly are. 🌹 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment