Saturday, May 22, 2021

Chuck Surface ~ In temple, church, and mosque

 

 

 IN TEMPLE, CHURCH, AND MOSQUE


"I profess the religion of love;
Wherever its caravan turns along the way,
That is the belief, the faith I keep."
- Ibn Arabi


~~~


I began a Christian,
And for many years dwelt,
In the village of that faith.

In time, becoming a Buddhist,
I stood with a different stance,
But remained, in the Essence, a Christian.

For I did not discard,
The treasure I had gathered there.

And when I became a Hindu,
I remained, in the Essence,
A Christian and a Buddhist.

For I did not discard,
The treasures I had gathered there.

Now, fancying myself a Sufi,
I remain, in the Essence,
A Christian, a Buddhist, a Hindu...

A Lover of The Beloved.

I wandered this life,
In search of the Divine Presence,
And drank in each faith the Wine,
That made this Presence Illumine...

The church, temple, and mosque of my Heart.

The Beloved Holy Spirit,
The Beloved Emptiness,
The Beloved Atman,
The Beloved Friend...

The Beloved, by any name.

Now that She possesses my Heart,
I find Her Dancing and Singing,
Wherever She recognizes Herself,
In the world... in others...

In temple, church, and mosque.

 

 

https://gardenofthebeloved.com/

https://www.facebook.com/InTheGardenOfTheBeloved 
 

1 comment: