Sunday, March 7, 2021

Elizabeth Gilbert - Big Magic

 
 
 Look, I don’t know what’s hidden within you. 
I have no way of knowing such a thing. 
You yourself may barely know, although I suspect you’ve caught glimpses. 
I don’t know your capacities, your aspirations, your longings, your secret talents.

But surely something wonderful is sheltered inside you. 
I say this with all confidence, because I happen to believe we are all walking repositories of buried treasure. 
I believe this is one of the oldest and most generous tricks the universe plays on us human beings, both for its own amusement and for ours: 
The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them
.
The hunt to uncover those jewels - that’s creative living.

The courage to go on that hunt in the first place - that’s what separates a mundane existence from a more enchanted one.

The often surprising results of that hunt - that’s what I call Big Magic. 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment