Friday, July 3, 2020

Hermana Águila - ′′ Getting lost to find yourself ′′




There was a moment
in which i got lost.
I lost everything I had
attached to my back
the old paradigms
shapes and shapes
masks and masks
shame on you
guilt guilt
swimsuit
and the rules.

I've lost hours and clock
calendar and expectations
hopes and certainties.
I lost everything that was
all the useless expectations
everything i had been looking for
everything i walked for
And all that is I left behind
on the side of the road.

And so, in losing everything
I also lost my fear
fear of breaking the rules
and the fierce self-criticism
the fear of death
and the fear of life
the fear of getting lost
and the fear of losing

And completely naked
devoid of the old skin
i found a heart
that vibrates inside every pore
of my being
a deep drum
made of clay
stars and roots
its echo inside me
is the voice of the Old Woman

That's when I remembered
beat after heartbeat
that I was alive
eternally alive
that I was free
bravely free.





thanks to Roxane

2 comments:

  1. Aho! No matter what language or culture we are from, we all really want the same thing - the felt experience or our Eternal Being - our True Freedom...

    ReplyDelete