Saturday, October 12, 2019

Naomi Stone - Burning with love for you



 Oh, beautiful light of my life,
inspiration of my soul,
and the One who opens my heart!
I awaken in this silent darkness
and feel the ever expanding Joy
your Presence gives.
How do I share it?
How do we learn to live with
the infinity of you
that opens into
all that reaches beyond
everything we know.
All that you are is so much more
than all that manifests
before our eyes,
more than every universe
and the immeasurable skies
we name and describe!
You go on creating,
dwelling in the unseen,
revealing to us
the limits of our control
in a world in chaos,
inviting our faith in your
compassion, your mercy,
your forgiveness,
and the greatness of your love.
You open your arms to gather us
in the comforts of your inexpressible grace.
Oh, strengthen our faith in your reach,
in your power over all that exists.
Help us surrender our
foolish delusions that we know
anything at all about
who you truly are!
It is difficult for us to
comprehend the endless space of you,
to imagine vast
unlimited possibilities.
We fall on our knees, hide our faces,
and feel the fear of such greatness.
You scatter wildflowers
around us, caress us with
soft breezes, help us up
and gather us close to your heart.
We feel unworthy and
unable to know how to live
in helplessness.
Though shadows hover
over the world,
though fears coil around
our thoughts
to make us doubt and
worry and wonder
how we will live,
how we will find our way,
it is faith that rises from deep
within our souls that
kisses hope alive.
We use words to try and speak of you,
words so small
they fall like autumn leaves before
your magnificence.
We sing and the song cannot
reach around the divine mystery of
of all that you are.
All creation pales before
the brilliance that blinds us
in your glory.
Your prophets and poets and mystics,
your divine ambassadors,
your angels and archangels,
your messengers of love,
share countless stories of your miracles,
your goodness, and your gifts,
and yet they cannot touch
the omnipotence of you.
Oh teach us to surrender and stop
fighting divine truth that cannot be changed
or hidden or controlled!
Show us the way to trust your
promises and live in the kingdom of you,
an existence where all are welcome!
Awaken our spirits flowing from
your divine spirit,
spiraling and touching the earth
and opening the bridge
that connects all worlds to
the kingdom of you.
I reached the end of all we know,
became lost on paths to nowhere and
saw the futility of my words,
and I called out to you,
night after night after night,
day after day after day.
With an open heart, I asked
you to pray in me, for I no longer
knew how to pray.
Perhaps, I never did.
I surrendered all that I ever
believed I was.
You swept me into your blinding beauty,
and overwhelming love,
as volcanoes erupted, and hurricanes blew,
tornadoes wiped out towns,
waves washed over islands and
earthquakes split open the earth.
I saw through the sun.
I saw the stars fall from the sky.
I saw all the evil done in the world,
as mountains crumbled,
and I saw there was no darkness great enough
to hide from your gaze.
Yet, in the midst of every vision,
you held me close to reveal the truth
that the only life I have
is the one you’ve given me.
The only life that exists beyond it all
is you, and we are the light in your loving eyes.
We come alive when you create us
and we are lost in your gaze
in the blink of an eye.
I became a living flame of your love
burning with love for you.
My only life was consumed in
a love beyond everything that exists.
I live in the fire and creation of your love,
and I love through the power of
your love moving through me.
This is the testament of my heart,
my song that sings
of where I have been and
of what I have seen,
and what I share with you now
with outstretched hands
and an open heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment