Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Khwaja Abdullah Ansari - Absorbed in Him




From the un-manifest I came,
And pitched my tent, in the Forest of Material existence.
I passed through mineral and vegetable kingdoms,
Then my mental equipment carried me into the animal kingdom;
Having reached there I crossed beyond it;
Then in the crystal clear shell of human heart
I nursed the drop of self in a Pearl,
And in association with good men
Wandered round the Prayer House,
And having experienced that, crossed beyond it;
Then I took the road that leads to Him,
And became a slave at His gate;
Then the duality disappeared
And I became absorbed in Him.



 Sheikh Khwaja Abdullah Ansari, Sheikh Ansari Jabir ibn 'Abdullah al-Ansari, also known as Ansari of Herat, was born in Herat, in western Afghanistan.

Some of Sheikh Ansari's works include Kashf al-Asrar "Unveiling of the Secrets" (Commentary of the Qur'an), Tabaquat al-Sufiyya (The Generations of the Sufis),� "Munajat" (Intimate Invocations) which is incorporated into the Kashf al-Asrar and in the Tabaqat.��

Khwaja Abdullah Ansari died in Herat the year 1088, and his burial place in Herat is still a place of pilgrimage for thousands of Sufis and the faithful every year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment