Sunday, January 16, 2022

Wei Wu Wei ~ The dream goes on...

 

 

 Awareness is I-subject.
Truth is that which lies in a dimension beyond the reach of
thought.
What is your trouble? Mistaken identity.
'Birth' is the birth of the I-concept. 'Death' is the death of the
I-concept.
There is no other birth. There is no other death.
The 'world' is only a picture projected on to a screen.
I am pure Subject: everything I perceive is my object, but, as
object, ultimately my Self.
There is no Path! Paths lead from here to there. How can a path
lead from here to here? It could only lead away from home.
All methods require a doer. The only 'doer' is the I-concept.
All objects are necessarily untouchable.
Within and without, above and below - what is the resolution
of these opposites? A further direction of measurement.
Whole-mind has no 'thoughts', thoughts are split mind.
The 'aggregate of latent tendencies', held together by an
I-concept, is that which reincarnates - whatever that may be.
How do we know that the world is transitory, that time is
passing, that nothing stands still?
We could not know that our river was flowing unless we could put one foot on the bank!
There is no entity, only a continuum - and that continuum is consciousness.
Humility is the inevitable condition resulting from the absence
of an I-concept. Without such absence humility can only be a
mask for pride, which is its counterpart.
Science is concerned with objects, which are unreal. If it
concerned itself with the subject of the objects it might find out
what they really are.
Mind is the dynamic aspect of matter.
The 'present' does not exist objectively: it is subject itself.
The 'future' being unknown to us always, we live entirely in the past.
Searching is trying to see the Self (Reality) as an object. But,
all the time, that object is Subject.
Karma and Reincarnation, and all and all, belong to the
dream-world.
The dream goes on....
Meditation is exercising the I-concept.
'He who is in the habit of looking down upon others has not got
rid of the erroneous idea of a self.' (Hui Neng, p. 40.)
'Non-Action' is what we call Spontaneity.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment