Sunday, January 3, 2021

Ed Crowley - It shone like seven thousand suns


 



Whose enchanting
gaze is this

It’s not out there
at all anywhere

I’ve searched for her
amongst the stars
in seventh heaven

The sun rose and was a
mere candle compared
to her shining light

She puts both the Sun
and moon to shame

She’s torn my entire
heart wide open

Some say the path I’m
on is full of curves

I see no roads, just
an empty ocean,
filled with bliss

Thousands upon
thousands are
lining up, just
awaiting her
soulful kiss

Someone once asked me,
what perfect beauty,
possibly looks like

I said it’s never the
face, it’s the heart
and soul

I showed them
her heart and
held a mirror
to its light

It shone like seven
thousand suns,
it was radiantly
bright

Is it too much to
ask for the
sweetness
of her love

I’m not asking
just for me

It’s for all below
and above

This world is but a
mirror, reflecting
a perfect image,
of her soul, why
can’t you see

I keep on telling you,
she’s not out there

She’s deep so very
deep, inside of me

She’s not, just in me

She’s deep in you, too

She’s not my heart
or just my love

She’s inside every
individual soul

Her image always
changes and it’s
what makes
us whole

For now, take a look at
what she looks like right
here and now, they say
the soul looks
quite fine

Some say, when you see
your soul, it takes just
one look and you
become divine...


epc 1956-

 



 facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment