Monday, April 24, 2023

Paul Hedderman - Being what you are

 


Like it or not, you are what you are looking for. And, I'm telling you, your head does not like it. It would much rather become what you are, than be what you are. Becoming what you are it can deal with, because that may take lifetimes. It can adapt to new clothing, yoga pants, tattoos; it can adapt to almost anything.

But, Being what you are, there's nothing in it, for it. There isn't. You can't write blogs of what you already are. You can write blogs about becoming what you are, “I went through seven continents to become what I am.” ‘Unbelievable, I want to follow that blog!’ But when you are that already, there's really not much to say. What are you going to do? Write a series of books? Be What I Am. Be Really What I Am. I Wish I Wasn't Being What I Am. I Need Some Excitement, Let Me Forget What I Am So I Can Look For It.

This is like a painting where no paint is applied. It bleeds out. You are in the gallery. You're surprised seeing its effects. It's beautiful. Begrudgingly you have to admit you're traveling lighter. It’s obvious, you had nothing to do with it. That's the hard pill for it to swallow. It really wants to have something to do with it but it knows that it had nothing to do with it, finally.

Basically in a way, it just moves aside and takes its humble position as the Toyota, not the driver. It doesn't mean you don't take care of the Toyota. It's got its value and you maintain it, but it's not worshipped or thought about everyday. It’s not going to be the chariot of the gods. It will get you to the store for food.

 

https://www.zenbitchslap.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment