Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Jeff Foster ~ Love song to myself

 

You are the one I wake with every morning.
The one I breathe with,
the one whose every heart beat I feel as my own.
You are the one I walk with,
the one I speak and sing with,
the one who stays with me
through every waking moment of every sacred day.
You are the one I get sick with,
the one I cry with,
the one whose anger and joy and doubt
surges through me like fire.
You are the one I will die with,
the one whose arms I shall return to.
You are the one I see in every face,
shining through every pair of eyes,
shimmering through the silences,
the trails of dust and the spaces in the canopy.
You are my constant companion,
my home, my reason, my joy, my life.
We cannot be divided,
we cannot be two,
and even 'One' is too far for us.
I sing this song to myself,
disappearing into the song,
and I am never alone.




https://www.lifewithoutacentre.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment