Thursday, April 4, 2019

Jinendra Swami - Awareness: My Inner Guru




Would you like to take pilgrimage to Self ?
If yes
Then just walk with me as 'I '
  holding the hands of my guru -- the Awareness 
  as we journey through the three worlds 
  waking world, dream world and sleep world

I go to sleep each night and dream
The process of dream reveals my waking reality
In dream I am aware
* Things just happen
* I do nothing consciously
* I do experience enjoyment and suffering                
      through my acts, emotions, and feelings

On awakening I am aware 
I experience freedom from all my acts,
   emotions and feelings in dream
I see the 'aimlessness' of everything                                  
  that happens in my dream
All my dream experiences                                        
  ceases to have any value to me
In dream, I may be a millionaire  or a pauper  
  and experience accidents, or may even die at times  
But on awakening I Realize
I am unharmed, and find myself the same
'That' which is aware in dream 
     is also the same 'that' is aware in waking  
I am 'that' which is  'Witnessing'
      all that happens in waking or dream
As we journey further
Let's see why the 'Witnesser' in sleep
  has no significance for 'everything in waking life'?
I observe that the 'person' or the 'ego'
  cease to exist (not present) in sleep
Is it not the silence of the 'ego'
  that lets the 'Witnesser' take charge once more -?
May be that's why sleep is so blissful
  that I don't mind loosing my Identity of  'person'

Let's journey further
As I awake
The 'ego' once again takes charge
The 'person' with name, form, and its memory of joys            
  and sorrows makes me play silly games of life
But at night , merely by closing my eyes
I bring an end to this temporary 'person'

With clarity I See, that for the 'Witnesser'
My existence in dream state  
  has no significance in waking state
My existence in waking state
  has no significance in sleep state
This 'Witnesser' remains
Free and unaffected in all three worlds
  the waking world, dream world, and sleep world

In this journey I reach a point
When there is nothing to witness
Then the 'Witnesser' too dissolves  
There is just this Self -- The Silence
This Silence is Pure Awareness -- the Atman

Now I live in 'Waking Meditation'
There is no difference in solitude or active life
In this state of Let-Go, the 'doer' itself is Silent
So Who is there to decide?
Now the 'Witnesser' is unaffected by any action
  be it working, eating, sleeping, or doing nothing

Now I know
  --  I experience my body because of ego (mind)
  --  My mind is in my consciousness
  --  The ever changing consciousness
       is in the ever present Awareness
Awareness
   in relationship with the World is  the  'Witnesser'
Awareness  when there is nothing to witness
   is the constant, unchangeable, ever present 'Self '

Is this the end of my pilgrimage to Self ?

My journey has not ended but just begun
Trust your own 'Guru' and journey to your Self 

'O sleeping man'
Awaken from your 'awakened sleep'
  to discover your Reality -- the Truth!! 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment