Thursday, March 28, 2013

Anonymous - Jamal


Jamal


What‟s the meaning of life?
Who knows?
What does tomorrow bring?
Happiness for life?
Sorrow and strife?
Or simply
another day?
Who knows?
Yesterdays are memories
and tomorrows are simply
pipe dreams.
‘I’
is the only reality
that I truly know.
And the only reality that
‘I’
knows
is the here and now.
Not five days from now
not five hours from now
not five minutes from now
not five seconds from now
not five seconds ago
But now.
Reality is perceived
simply
as a passing dream
through a flowing stream
that men through the ages
have defined
as time.
Dreams and realities of tomorrows
slip by
and become
silent memories of yesterdays.
Synaptic impulses
create the beat
and the rhythm
I call 'myself'
I am Jamal
and Jamal is
‘I’





circa 1993


No comments:

Post a Comment