Saturday, March 11, 2023

Christiane Singer - A loving look

 


When I look at the other with a loving look, I reveal to them their deep nature, reminding them of their true identity. As it is said in Hakuin's song: "You wander among beggars without remembering who you are." "The look of the one who loves me, the look that sees in me what I am in my depth places me in my royalty, puts me back in the original light."

We often say love is blind, it is seeing. He sees what others don't. He sees behind the appearances, behind all the protections I built up to protect my heart. All my life, I am threatened from everywhere, by my educators, and anyone who wants to impose their views on me. Protecting myself for a lifetime. But the look that loves me melts away all the shells I once hid in order to survive.

And in the end, love is there, of course, to reveal to us that "God is nowhere else but everywhere", that in every being that meets me on this earth, in every look that meets me. Love is there to tell us: in every being I meet, I meet You. This experience of love and passion in our existence, Master Eckhart describes when he makes God say, “There is no room for two in you, I can only come in if you come out.” ". This is what we feel in passion when we are struck out like a tree trunk by lightning, when there is nothing left inside us but that bland, vibrating void. The presence of the other. This absolute experience of the sacred. This mystical experience - since the meeting of man and woman is of the same nature as the meeting of soul and God.

Christiane Singer, good use of crises



facebook

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment