Friday, November 18, 2016

Gnostic - The first and the last



Because I am the first and the last
I am the venerated and the despised one
I am the prostitute and the saint.
I am the bride and the virgin.

I am the mother and the daughter,
I am my mother’s arms,
I am the sterile one, yet my children are numerous,
I am the married woman and the unmarried one,
I am She who gives birth and She who has never given birth,
I am the consolation for the pains of childbirth.

I am the bride and the groom,
And it was my man who nurtured my fertility.
I am my father’s Mother,
I am my husband’s sister.
And he is my rejected son.

Respect me always,
As I am the Scandalous and the Magnificent one.


–Gnostic texts
Found in 1947, Nag Hammadi, Egypt
Dated III-IV BC.

reblogged from Love Is A Place


 

No comments:

Post a Comment