Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rumi ♡ No face




come and see me
today i am away
out of this world
hidden away
from me and i


i grabbed a dagger
made slices of
me from myself
since i belong
not to me
not to anyone


i am so sorry
for not having done
this cutting away before
it was my soul's mind
and not mine


i have no idea
how my inner fire
is burning today
my tongue
is on a different flame


i see myself
with a hundred faces
and to each one
i swear it is me


surely i must have
a hundred faces
i confess none is mine
i have no face


ghazal number 1519, translated by Nader Khalili



3 comments:

  1. pleàsè mèntion the original faŕsi poems.
    for those whò undestanď farsì.
    It is lovely to compare them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. آفتاب آمد دلیل آفتاب
    گر دلیلت باید از وی رو متاب.

    ReplyDelete