Monday, November 18, 2013

Nisargadatta Maharaj - Ultimate state


from the book: Consciousness and the Absolute
The final talks of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

~~~

May 14, 1980

Maharaj: Doctors have diagnosed that this body has cancer. Would anyone else be as joyful as I
am, with such a serious diagnosis? The world is your direct experience, your own observation. All
that is happening is happening at this level, but I am not at this level. I have dissociated myself from Sattva Guna, beingness.
The Ultimate state in spirituality is that state where no needs are felt at any time, where nothing
is useful for anything. That state is called Nirvana, Nirguna, that which is the Eternal and Ultimate Truth. 
The essence and sum total of this whole talk is called Sat-guru Parabrahman, that state in
which there are no requirements.
After the dissolution of the universe, when no further vestige of creation was apparent, what
remained is my perfect state. All through the creation and dissolution of the universe, I remain ever untouched. I have not expounded this part:
 my state never felt the creation and dissolution of the universe. I am the principle which survives all the creations, all the dissolutions. This is my state,
and yours, too, but you don't realize it because you are embracing your beingness. 
Realizing it is
only possible when one gets support from invincible faith, from that eternal Sat-guru
Parabrahman. This state, this Parabrahman principle, is eternal and is also the Sat-guru. It is the
eternal property of any devotee of a Guru.


No comments:

Post a Comment