Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Naomi Stone - An enchanted place



Chasing words like feathers
in the wind,
seedlings that float away
when I try
to hold them in my hand...
Ideas turn to fluff,
like fairy dust dancing just
beyond my reach

Stars twinkle away from me,
and the moon
slips behind a cloud.
Sunlight flickers and hides
in the shadows,
and the twinkle in love’s eyes
lights up my heart.

Love is laughing
at my serious quest
teasing me,
playing hide and seek,
peeking out,
blowing kisses that turn
into flowers
all around me.

Love wants to play
and walks all over my words,
leaving dusty footprints
on the page
for me to follow
wherever they go.

Sometimes, we follow
a butterfly,
or the light from a star,
and we find
a hidden door
into an enchanted place,
where love’s secret
joys are shared.



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this sensitive portrayal with the videos of an enchanted place. You brought tears for me to feel that rising silence of love in the mysterious silence.....N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and we find
      a hidden door
      into an enchanted place,
      where love’s secret
      joys are shared. THANKS TO YOU!

      Delete