Thursday, April 25, 2019

Jonathan Ellerby - The seeds of life



I sit watching my thoughts
Like endless birds in an endless sky
I wait for an end to the storm of wings
An end to the steam of flickering movements

Breath after breath
I begin to sink beneath it all
Slowly the waters rise around me
Soon the sky turns to dusk
Colors bleed and blur together as one

The birds are fewer now
They are almost gone
Night pours in
It is growing more and more difficult
To hear the feathers overhead

The breath deepens and
I am flooded by the vastness
By the thick, dark night
A current comes over me

There is only stillness now, only peace

The intensity comes and goes with each wave
I let go and float in the clear space within
Rising and falling
Drifting

In the spacious moments
Between breaths
And the dim shadows of awareness

These moments are the seeds of life
I follow them into the blissful and shocking emptiness
Where I absorb them
One by one.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment