Friday, May 18, 2018

Danna Faulds - A door opens



A door opens.
Maybe I've been standing here shuffling my weight from foot to foot for decades,
or maybe I only knocked once.
In truth, it doesn't matter.
A door opens and I walk through without a backward glance.
This is it, then, one moment of truth in a lifetime of truth;
a choice made, a path taken, the gravitational pull of Spirit 
too compelling to ignore any longer.
I am received by something far too vast to see.
It has roots in antiquity but speaks clearly in the present tense.
"Be," the vastness says.
"Be without adverbs, descriptors, or qualities.
Be so alive that awareness bares itself uncloaked and unadorned.
Then go forth to give what you alone can give, awake to love and suffering,
unburdened by the weight of expectations.
Go forth to see and be seen, blossoming, always blossoming into your magnificence." 


source text here


 

No comments:

Post a Comment