Monday, January 22, 2018

Fakhruddin Iraqi - I am Love



It speaks to me in the silence of this one
then through the words of that one speaking;

it whispers to me through an eyebrow raised
and the message of an eye winking.

And do you know what words it breathes into my ear? It says,

     "I am Love: in heaven and earth I have no place;
     I am the Wondrous Phoenix whose spoor cannot be traced.

     With eyebrow-bow and arrow-winks I hunt
     both worlds -- and yet my weapons cannot be found.

     Like the sun I brighten each atom's cheek;
     I cannot be pinpointed: I am too manifest.

     I speak with every tongue, listen with all ears,
     but marvel at this: My ears and tongue are erased.

     Since in all the world only I exist
     above and below, no likeness of me can be found."


images from Bab'Aziz film 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment