Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Miriam Louisa - Silence has found me

art Johann Heinrich Füssli, The Silence, oil on canvas, 1799-1801



silence has found me

its ruthless simplicity
has culled the clutter
from closets
I never knew existed
in the corridors of my brain

its unstoppable tide
has drowned the demon
that danced through my days,
demanding:
control, adjust, fix!

its throbbing roar
has muted the mutterings
of protest,
the pleas for reprieve,
from the screaming ‘me-me!’ myth

its yawning vastness
has swallowed whole
the impostor who once laid claim
to this luminous lifestream:
t i m e

its perfect love
has melted all that I took
to be me
in its crucible of fiery
Grace

and the receptors in these cells
heard the words
the whole world hungers
to hear:

you are loved!

how could it be otherwise
when separation from your essence
is impossible?

be silence

and Know




1 comment:

  1. So timely for me today, Michel... Thank you! "control, adjust, fix"! LOL - Oh yes... :)

    ReplyDelete