Sunday, December 21, 2014

Rumi - My soul has merged with Yours......





I am a painter,
Painting pictures all the time,
Yet when I see them near Your beauty
I want to throw them all away.

I am a sculptor, carving images
and filling each with life,
Yet when I compare these with Your beauty
I want to dump them in a fire.


O bringer of sweet wine,
Enemy of the sober
You have laid waste to
every house I ever built!


Tell me, are You the cup bearer or do You take the cup from my sober lips?
Perhaps You are both, the builder and the ruiner of all that I build


My soul has merged with Yours-
Water into wine, wine into wine.
Now there is only the scent of Your rose perfume.


Every drop of my blood calls out,
Dye me the color of Your love
Make me the jewel of Your affection.


In this house of water and clay
my heart is in ruins.
O Beloved, please enter my house 

or let me leave this empty world

No comments:

Post a Comment