Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Kabir - The Simple Union




Oh, Sadhu! the simple union is best.
Since the day when I met with my Lord,
there has been no end to the sport of our love.
I shut not my eyes, I close not my ears,
I do not mortify my body;
I see with my eyes open and smile, and
behold His beauty everywhere;
I utter His Name and whatever I see
it reminds me of HIm,
whatever I do, it becomes His worship.
The rising and the setting are one to me;
all contradictions are resolved.
Wherever I go, I revolve around Him,
All I achieve is His service:
When I lie down, I lie prostrate at His feet.
… I am immersed in that one great bliss
which transcends all pleasure and pain.

~ Kabir. In Ram Dass: Journey of Awakening: A Meditator’s Guidebook, 1990 (1978), p. 68


No comments:

Post a Comment