Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kirtana - “If I could give you anything”


Is there something I can offer you
As a token of my gratitude?
Every gesture seems so small
Still I’d like to try,
I could bring you flowers
Flowers would be sweet
I could find your favorite kind
And lay them at your feet

But flowers fade and die . . .

I would rather be the ground
In which a flower’s grown
Through which your feet must pass
From which all seeds are sown

If I could give you anything
I would be the ground

Is there some place that you’d like to see?
Some corner of the Galaxy…

Name it and I’ll take you there
For I have learned to Fly.
I could show you azure skies
Or multi-colored Orbs of Light
Glittering before your eyes
Like jewels in the Night.
And they would make you sigh…

But I would rather be the space
In which our lives are hung
The silent, unseen thread
Through which these Stars are strung
If I could take you anywhere
I would be the Sky

If I could only find a way
To tell you what my Heart would say
I could finally sing this Love
And it would make you cry
But I have never found the words
That can speak this grace
That is why I must rely
On a gestureless embrace
Even so I try

But I would rather be the Love
From which attempts arise
The origin of Poetry
And of these Tears that flood my eyes

If I could tell you anything
I would be the Love

If I could give you anything
If I could take you anywhere…

I would be the Ground
I would be the Sky
I would be the Love

I am the Ground
I am the Sky
I am the Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment