Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Franklin Merrell-Wolff - "Seek Me First"


 The joy is not the end-in-itself to be sought.
    Seek Me first, and then My Knowledge and My Joy will also be thine.
    Seek Me for My own sake and not for any ulterior motive.
    I and I alone am the worthy end of all endeavor.
    So lay down all for Me, and My Wealth will be thy wealth, My Power
thy power, My Joy thy joy, My Wisdom thy wisdom.
    This universe is but a part of My Treasure, and it, with vastly greater
Riches, shall be the portion of the Inheritance of all those who come to Me.
    Long have ye lingered in the desert of Ignorance.
    I desire not thy continued suffering.
    Come unto Me. The Way is not so hard.

I have sought this Awakening for several years. I was finally convinced
that, at least in all probability, there was such a thing or event, while I was
in the midst of the discussions of a metaphysical seminary held at Harvard
[when he was a grad student in mathematics there]. I saw, at once, that if
such Knowledge were an actuality it was of far greater importance than even
the greatest intellectual achievement within the limits of the subject-object
field…. My final word on this particular subject is: I sought a Goal the
existence of which I had become convinced was highly probable. I
succeeded in finding this Goal, and now I KNOW, and can also say to all
others: "IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH ANYTHING THAT IT MAY
COST, AND IMMEASURABLY MORE."

 

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/diction/wolff.html#11 

The Nameless

    Above, below, to right, to left, all-encompassing,
    Before and after and all between,
    Within and without, at once everywhere,
    Transforming and stable, ceaselessly;
    Uncaused, while fathering all causes,
    The Reason behind all reasoning,
    Needing nought, yet ever supplying,
    The One and Only, sustaining all variety,
    The Source of all qualities, possessing no attributes,
    Ever continuous, appearing discrete,
    Inexpressible, the base of all expression,
    Without number, making possible all number,
    Containing the lover and the beloved as one,
    Doing nought, remaining the Field of all action—
    The actor and the action not different—
    Indifferent in utter completion;
    Diffused through all space, yet in the Point concentrated,
    Beyond time, containing all time,
    Without bounds, making bounds possible,
    Knowing no change;
    Inconceivable, yet through It all conceiving becoming;
    Nameless ever and unmastered;
    THAT am I, and so art Thou.

No comments:

Post a Comment